BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 16, 2010

How to survive....

I'm sure I have nobody looking at my blog anymore, but to those faithful lookers I'm here. Sorry no, pictures right now, but I will do my best to get some up on here soon. Life has been short of crazy, actually I'd go as far as, insane. Just when I get all settled in my new house I think life is just going to be steady, calm, settled. OH NO! News flash, that's now how life works. Lance is still trying to figure out what he wants to do when he grows up. Thirst Express (his business) is going fine. Some bumps along the way, BIG bumps that has caused him to try to figure out if it's something he wants to continue doing. He is actually in AZ right now testing the market there to see if it is an area he could build like the one he did here. He has been gone for 4 days and I am MISERABLE! If you all forget, I have 3 kids that are the best three kids anyone could ask for, but they are 4, almost 3 and 18 months and I also have been very involved in a business called Doterra. Not to mention a not so easy calling in church, a house to clean that is too big, laundry to keep up on and I could keep listing things but the main thing is is I am having this struggle within because I absolutely love doing Doterra and am having so much fun, but I also have three children that require ALL of my attention ALL the time. No breaks. It is this power struggle within that I should be 100% a mom and at the same time really want to spend the time doing Doterrra. With Lance being gone I am exhausted. In the 4 days I've had major melt downs at least 6 times. You do the math, that's one and a half melt downs per day. No good. I try to be supportive of Lance's endeavor in AZ, but am so overwhelmed here that every time he calls I bawl. I know, great wife, right? We'll see how these next few days go. If there is any advice out there of people who actually still look at my blog let me know.

5 comments:

Chelsea + Brandon said...

Kara, I'm sorry! I don't have the 3 kids and I don't know how you do it, but I do understand the being alone part, with a house to clean that is too big. And a husband who doesn't know what he wants to be at 30 :)
Just remember how lucky you are to have those sweet babies and a wonderful husband.
It's ok to have melt downs and cry. It's much better than keeping it all inside. Let it out!
Don't be afraid to ask for help and take time outs for yourself. Go out with girlfriends; go out by yourself!
I saw your facebook post. I think just writing it all down here on your blog has already made you feel much better. :)

BriAnne said...

Kara, first of all I have to apologize for not being able to make it to your luncheon. About 3 unexpected things came up that morning, and I had my hands full.

Second, I completely can relate to your struggle with mommy time and business mommy time. I have almost started up my Mary Kay business full steam like 3 times. But I can't quite seem to get the confirmation that I should at this time. But then I look at other MK mommies and they do GREAT! Why can't I? Everyone has different paths in life and Heavenly Father knows yours. He will help you with your business and your patience for motherhood if you ask, I am sure of it. If anyone can tackle a million things at once, it is Kara! And if you need a friend to chat with...please totally call me anytime! :) Love ya!

Erin said...

oh i'm so sorry.
1st if you move to az now that we have left...im going to be very bummed ;)
2nd that is where you ask for help! from those in your ward, family and friends around the area. Ask for help and your life will be a little easier! That is what I did in AZ when I was there for a few months by myself. It made life more enjoyable and I didn't have one meltdown. Wish I was there and could help you out!
love you!

leslie said...

i do still check your blog from time to time...

i'll be there in a few days, and will come help. allie will take b&b off your hands for a while:)

should we put WV on hold?....

Aaron & Drew Rucker said...

i look at your blog and love it so keep doing it. i admire your interest in doterra and think you should continue it. it's something that brings you enjoyment, which will in turn make you a happier and plesenter (not a word) mother. this is coming from little drewski here with no kids, but that's what i think anyway.