BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 14, 2008

One last trip to Maui... before the BIG move!

So our family will be leaving this beautiful island to move back to Utah where Lance got a job working for Raser Technologies in only 10 short days. We are so excited to be moving by family and friends, but also very sad to leave good friends here and this wonderful place. We decided last weekend to take a quick trip with our best friends Lala and Rusty to Maui and meet up with some Utah friends, the Granums. We had lots of fun with everyone. We woke up Friday morning at 4am and caught the Superferry and sailed to Maui. The boat ride there was so great, smoothe sailing the whole way. Our trip in Maui consisted of playing at the Granums pool, barbeques, Big beach, skimboarding, dinner at Fred's and Kimo's and a few good games of Settlers. The boat ride back was a different story though... The waves were so big and the superferry was rockin' and a rollin' all I can say is that there was a lot of puking going on on the boat. I don't normally get seasick but I lost my cookies along with Rusty and a lot of other people. It was good to be back on land and back to Oahu and the beautiful North Shore. As the time gets closer to leaving I seriously have so many mixed feelings. Change is hard, but good and so pray that I will survive....



4 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

Those are seriously some of the cutest family pictures I have ever seen. I would blow those up huge for your kids rooms...they are seriously priceless.

I totally understand your mixed emotions about leaving. I have a feeling I will be the same way. I personally am so excited you are moving back! I can't wait to see you and meet your handsome little boy! I love redheads ya know! Anyway, good luck with the move. I hope everything goes smooth. We will look forward to seeing you next time we are up in Utah!

webmaster said...

You folks may change your mind about Superferry after you live on Maui for a little while.

You'll find out that the Superferry did a bunch of dirty backroom deals in order to violate environmental law and exceed the speed limit through the whale sanctuary.

Additionally, if you get into paddling and surfing (which I hope you do -- come paddle with us at Kanaha when you get here) you'll find out that the State plans to spend 1/3 BILLION dollars building it and the cruise ships a dock in Kahului Harbor which will wipe out the surf zone and curtail paddling which has been in Kahului Bay for 1000 years.

Additionally farmers on Maui have concerns about the spread of invasive species (we just had our wiliwili trees wiped out by an invasive gall wasp in one season when it arrived). If you come from the mainland, you'll know that California has spend over a billion dollars battling just one invasive species the med fly. Our channels form a natural barrier that the Superferry breaches.

{jane} said...

CUTE pictures and how fun!!! I have a picture of me and my first two girls standing on a ferry, just like your picture, but we were in HONG KONG when they were those ages! Isn't that crazy! Traveling with babies is so much work, you have to do it when you're young! I don't think I would ever survive these days...

Jenn Granum said...

So fun to see you guys again! Wow super environmentalist on your comments!