BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 26, 2009

GRAHAM FRANKIE FORD

Our little guy finally arrived!!! Yay! My story goes like this....

Thursday morning I had my doctors appointment where I asked the doctor if she would please strip my membranes and see if maybe by some small chance it would put me into labor... I say some small chance because when I was 5 days over due with Bella they did it to me two times and neither times worked. I still wanted to try again so my midwife stripped my membranes at 11:00am Thursday. I went on with my day normally and felt no different. I pretty much was depressed all day thinking this little guy was never coming out. Lance and I were watching the Jazz game when I started having contractions. Now you see I had been having contractions pretty much every night for the last few weeks so it wasn't that suprising that I was having them. They started up about 11:00pm and continued. I tried to go to sleep and at 1:00am couldn't really take it anymore so I got up and walked around thinking if I did so they would either go away like nights before or continue. They continued. At 2:00am I was really not feeling hot, the contractions were hurting pretty bad and were about 5 min apart. I called my mom and said here's the situation do you think I can go to the hospital now? I really didn't want to be one of those people who go to the hospital and claim they are in labor and get sent home. Finally I woke Lance up and said I think I'm having a baby can you wake up and go to the hospital with me? He said, "are you sure?" I don't think he wanted to wake up. Loser. I'm the one in pain here get your lazy butt up. We got to the hospital around 3:30am they checked me I was 5 cenimeters dilated and they admitted me. I was so glad I was actually in labor. SO GLAD! I got the lovely epidural at 4am and at 6:20 they checked me I was at a 10 and in one contraction pushed the little tiger our. And guys, pushing out a 6lb baby is so much better than an 8lb baby. It was awesome!!! Everything went so good. Graham came out perfect. I only tore a little this time instead of in half like with Bodie. Our little Graham is so handsome and looks nothing like Bodie or Bella. He is his own little person and I love him so much already. Being a mom of three kids is going to be an adventure. Bella can't get enough of him and Bodie wonders what the heck is going on. He's not quite sure about this little person. He has no idea that some day they will be best of friends. We are so blessed to all be healthy and happy. The Lord really has blessed us.





21 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

He is so cute! I am so glad it worked to strip your membranes. Sounds like things went quick and not too bad. I can't wait to meet the little guy. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. We would love to have Bella and Bodie over for a play date any time! Congratulations!

P.S. I love the name! It is so cute!

Shannon said...

oh honey, Congratulations! He is perfect! Totally looks different than your other two.
You look GORGEOUS, seriously you don't even look like you just had a baby.

I am so excited for you guys to have your darling little family. 3 isn't that hard, it's 4! haha So enjoy those cute little Cutie Patooties!
Love you!

Melanie said...

I'm soo happy for you guys! That's wonderful that everything went so well this time! Congratulations! What a sweet baby boy! I'm sure you're just in heaven!

Shanae said...

Congratulations!!! SO FUN :) You look AMAZING!

Aaron & Drew Rucker said...

Kara I've never seen anyone look so pretty after delivering a baby. Graham is wonderful. That pic of you, him, and Bella is fantastic. Hope to see you sometime soon!

OurHappyFamily said...

He's perfect and you look too beautiful for having a baby in the middle of the night. So happy he's "finally" here. Keep the pics comin... love ya!!

Erin said...

yay! congrats! he is sooo adorable and I love that curly dark hair! How adorable is bodie in the top pic and i looove the one of bella holding the new baby. so precious! you of course look gorgeous! dang you! I'm so happy for you, and jealous of you pushing out a tiny baby, i guess there is hope for my next one! can't wait to see you guys next month! (please say you are still coming to az)

{jane} said...

congrats! I am still laughing that I texted you, and your reply was, "oh, I'm at the hospital - had my baby!" hehe...sorry!

What a handsome little man, I love all that brown hair - what an awesome delivery...ummm,you look totally beautiful in ever picture and Lance's eyes are totally blood shot! who did all the work? you're making it look too easy girl!

can't wait to see Graham {LOVE his name!}

Noelle said...

It doesn't even look like you pushed out a baby in those pictures! Congratulations Kara and Lance! He is adorable!

Our EyreLife said...

Oh Kara!

Congratulations! You look incredible for having just pushed out a wee one and I couldn't be more happy for you!

Big hugs from an old friend!

Jenn Granum said...

He is just darling! Good job sweetheart - I hope he lets you sleep! You have such a cute, young family. It will help that Bella is 2 going on 5 - I'm sure she'll be a big help.

Lorraine and Kelly said...

He seriously is so dang cute! All your freaking kids are. And you look great too, who puts on makeup at 2 am? I'm so happy for you guys. Love you!

Renee said...

Holy cow he has dark hair! What a cute kid. Glad you are all doing well...way to go!

Melinda Lindahl said...

How fun! He's a cutie! Congrats you two! Isn't it fun to be parents? Beautiful family.

The Perkinsons said...

congrats kara! He is so dang cute! You look amazing! Enjoy that new baby- I hate that they grow up so fast!

Cami said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I loved reading your story and am so happy for you guys. he is adorable, and now you have 3 kids!!! of course you look AMAZING right after giving birth to Graham (love his name!ha) you do, no fair! you'll have to let me know how 3 kids is! Bella will be his little mommy and such a good helper I'm sure. I'd love to see him next time we are in town. congrats again and hopefully you are adjusting well.

BriAnne said...

Wow! I am so hoping for a quick delivery...fat chance though, right?! haha! I hear it is always longer with the first.

Graham is such a cutie and I love that Bella is wanting to be such a big helper! What a cute little family!

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

Congrats you guys! I am so impressed that you are the parents of three children! Hope everything is going great!

Kensie said...

He is so beautiful, and Kara you look so amazing holy cow. You do not look like you just had a baby.
I am so happy for you guys and we love you so much.
PS- How did you do that book from your blog? I really want to do one.

Kensie said...

He is so beautiful, and Kara you look so amazing holy cow. You do not look like you just had a baby.
I am so happy for you guys and we love you so much.
PS- How did you do that book from your blog? I really want to do one.

Ryan and Megan said...

So I have a quick question for you.. how do you look so GORGEOUS in the post- birth pictures?? Beautiful girl and beautiful babies. Congratulations Kara!- you're officially super mom.