BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 17, 2007

Ricks Kainalu Ford

Saturday was an eventful day... Here at BYUH they only do the cap and gown/walk thing in the months of December and June so since Lance will be officially graduating in April he chose to walk now. So Saturday Lance, you could say, semi graduated. It was a fun day, but a little stressful and tiring. We got through the graduation and took a bunch of pictures. We then went home and washed the car, drove into town to drop off some of Lance's friends at the airport, came home and on the way home I was talking on the phone with my mother-in-law and told her that my water was going to break at 2am... we got home from the airport, I cleaned the whole house and set up a Christmas tree. (my parents were flying in on Sunday afternoon hence the late night cleaning) I was POOPED by the end of the day. I went to sleep around 11:00pm and low and behold I was sound asleep and I woke up in a pool of water at 2:03 am. My water broke!!! Lance was sitting right next to me watching a movie on the laptop and I sat up and said "Lance, hurry grab me a towel" He jumped up faster than I have ever seen someone jump out of bed. We got to the hospital around 4am when my contractions started to really become painful. They checked me and I was dilated 5 centimeters. It was official I was in labor. My labor was pretty short compared to Bella. From start to finish it was about 7 hours and I was able to have a natural birth, no c-section!! At 11:08am with only 45 minutes of pushing little Ricks Kainalu Ford was born, weighing 8lbs4oz same exact weight as Bella. Twinners! Bella adores him and won't stop giving him kisses. We are both healthy as can be and are home and excited to see how life is with two kids...



20 comments:

{jane} said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is SO handsome, I love all that blonde hair! He looks SO cute next to Bella, two little blondies!

I'm glad it all went well, and that you are home. Enjoy the time with your Mom & Dad there, get ALL the sleep you can - and remember to keep in touch during those late night hours when you don't get to sleep!

Granum Family said...

Congratulations! He's adorable and you look amazing! You two make such cute kids!!!

Barb said...

Congrats! Wow he is such a cute newborn. What a darling family you have! Glad all went well and that he's safe with your lil' fam.

Hillaryous said...

TEARS! I'M CRYING! HE IS SO PRECIOUS! I LOVE HIM ALREADY! He is a handsome baby!!!! I love the name! :D GRINS all around! I wanna come see him!!! are you home? I wanna come on my lunch break! XOXOX You are all makin a BEAUTIFUL family!

Heather said...

congratulations guys he is so dang cool already. I can't believe you guys are parents again!!! Good Job you guys

Kierstin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kierstin said...

Congratulations Kara and Lance!! He is so cute! You have such beautiful kids, they are both absolutely adorable! I am so glad that everything went so well, you look amazing! Congratulations!!

Jessica Brown said...

Congradulations! I'm so impressed that you went natural. Way to go Kara! I can't wait to meet the little guy!

jenna said...

congrats!!! so cute! and you blogged so QUICK!

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

Congratulations! No wonder you went into labor, with all of that activity and work you were doing! I'm glad that everything went well for you and your cute new baby boy!

You'll have to let me know also how it is with two children!

You have such a cute family and you look great!

Nicolle said...

So cute Kara! I love the picture of Bella looking at him! Oh i kind of want to have another!

McGiven Family.... said...

He is so cute! You look fabulous in those pictures for just having had a baby. We need to talk about the v-bac because I think I want to do it but I am super scared...well it is a ways away so no rush! Anyway, I want to know what his middle name stands for and how you pronounce it, I can't figure it out. You guys look great...one big happy family! :)

James Low said...

he is so adorable and he has so much hair! good name you picked, i was wondering when it was going to happen! i cant wait to meet him and hold it! congrats you two, glad bella loves him and that you and the baby are healthy!

karenpratt said...

kara you have 2 kids. you are the mother of 2 children. how. It is crazy. Your family is so beautiful. It just brings a smile to my heart when I see you guys. I love you and miss you so much.

Jenn Granum said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you had a VBAC! Congrats! He is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait for your cute little family to move back to Utah - or maybe we will just move to Hawaii!

BriAnne said...

Oh congratulations!!! What a beautiful family!

OurHappyFamily said...

So precious!!! What a wonderful Christmas present! I love his name. Merry Christmas!

Landvatter Family said...

How sweet! You look to cute after having a baby! Not even fair! Your family is adorable!

Shannon said...

Awwwwww....He is darling!! i love his name and so awesome that you gave him a little bit of Hawaii in that name!
You guys are going to love having them so close together, they will be the best of friends!
Congratulations!

.From Her. said...

Ok, so... I need to know about your new awesome doctor! I love Shimizu and all, but I'm thinking it's time for a change...

-Where is her office?
-What insurance do you have?
-How did you change from Shimizu to her? Is there anything I actually have to DO?!
-Is she a family doctor, gynecologyst, pediatrician, or what??

Sigh. So many questions! I'm sorry! I just had such a freaky birth with J, I figured I would try something different with the next, if/when that ever happens! I just wanted to get the lowdown before you guys took off!! THANKS KARA!