BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Eve






This was my first Christmas away from family. It was a little hard and I really missed some of the traditions my family does like singing around the piano, hearing my dad read the Christmas story, eating soup and scones and all of the other things we do every year. Not to mention I really missed the snow. This year we spent Christmas in warm Hawaii with our little family and Grandma Dona. I made a wicked good prime rib (thanks dad) and we watched Santa Claus 3. After watching the movie Lance and I set up Christmas for Bella and then went to bed. Christmas morning was fun, seeing Bella's face light up when she saw the Christmas tree with all of her presents was great. I didn't think she'd get so excited but she was thrilled! It's been a day of much relaxing and lots of movie watching and eating treats. Overall it's been a good Christmas. I look forward to being with my big family next year :)

9 comments:

BriAnne said...

No way you just had a baby! You look fantastic (as usual!) And that prime rib looks amazing! I'd love the recipe! Micah would be ever so impressed with me...he's the chef among us. :) Merry Christmas!

Lisa Chuntz said...

Lance I want my goggles back!

{jane} said...

Way to go on the Prime Rib, I've only attempted that once! We miss you, too! I hope you are hanging in there, being away from family after a baby can be hard, it's not very fair that it also happens to be Christmastime.

OurHappyFamily said...

Oh Kare Bear. . . this was my first Christmas away too. We had a great time but it was a little hard being away from what you are used to. Your two little ones could not be any cuter and way to go on that dinner. . . it looks delicious! You look fabulous! Call me sometime!!!

Lorraine and Kelly said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going great for you and your new baby, I'm so proud of you for being such a good mother. I miss you tons. You'll have to let me know when you will be back in Utah. Ricks is truly darling. How did you guys come up with that name? Does it have any significance or did you just like it? I'll get some pics up soon.

Shannon said...

Oh he is so dang cute! Bella is at the perfect age to start all those cute traditions! We will get to have you next year! Yahoo!!

Congratulations on that cute little baby, and ON graduation Lance! Lance looks like a little Hottie with all those Lei's and that Cap and Gown!
Way to go!

Lorraine and Kelly said...

That's really cute that it's Lance's middle name. And good for Tyler, do we know the girl? How did you find out, who do you still talk to?

Nicolle said...

Seriously Bella's smile is the cutest thing ever! Oh i just want to squeeze her cheeks! Um how jeleous am I of Danielle that she gets to see you next week! Why cant i go to Hawaii???

Cami said...

Kara!! I didn't know you had a blog but its so cute and its fun looking at your pics and seeing what you guys have been up too! You guys have two kids!! WOW that is so crazy James and I were just talking about when you guys were dating in Cali, going to The Price is Right and then you guys getting married! Oh how time flies. But your new baby boy is so cute and Bella its the cutest big sister with him. let me know how 2 kids is! Check out our Blog anytime too! I've been slow at updating it but I will this week! well take care and CONGRATS on #2 You look great by the way! -sorry so long