BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 6, 2007

Our kayaking adventure





A few of our friends decided that they wanted to Kayak out to an island and invited us to go. I was very sketchy about going, first of all because I am not too fond of the ocean and second of all because why if I was afraid would I want to put my precious little Bella out in the middle of the ocean on a kayak? Well with some peer pressure and a husband who REALLY wanted to go, I gave in and went. It was ok. That's about all. I didn't enjoy the 30 minute kayak trip to the island, Bella hated her life jacket so it made it even worse with her freaking out the whole time, but once we got there it was pretty fun. Bella's little friend Kali was there too and they played so cute together. All the guys went spear fishing, a few of them caught some fish. Aaron caught a nasty octopus and as you can see by the pictures there was no fear with handling it at all. SICK! Kali and Bella crashed on the beach for about an hour. They were troopers seeing how we were out there from about 10am to 4pm. I was informed that there had been a shark attack right where we were about 3 weeks ago so... the kayak trip back was even worse than the one there. I think it was cause I was so tired and so was Lance and he had to paddle all by himself and the waves were bigger and it just seemed to be a little more intense not to mention I was thinking about sharks the whole time. Sorry Lance for my freaking out the whole time... We made it back safe I was very grateful. I don't think I will be doing that one again. Once was good enough for me :)

8 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

I hate the ocean too, I would have been freaking out. It looks like a good one time adventure though.

Hey, did I ever tell you I ran into Melissa and Reagan Rose at the mall back in Utah right before I left. Yeah, totally random. She has a little girl that is about the same age as our kids, she is really cute. Anyway, I just had the thought and wanted to tell you before I forgot again!

Hope you guys are doing well. You look like you are having lots of fun! We are still jealous that you are in Hawaii!

Shannon said...

Your hilarious! Don't you watch Man vs. wild?
Scary when it's with your baby though, at least now you can say you did it, and never have to do it again!
Bella's little suit is so adorable!!

Jessica Brown said...

I'm so jealous! That sounds like so much fun. How ironic that you hate the ocean and live in Hawaii. Now explain that one to me! Can we switch places?

Erin said...

i love the pics of the girls in their life jackets! so funny! You loved every minute of it! ;)

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lance and Kara Ford Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn Granum said...

Sounds like fun. I would have loved it. Sorry it freaked you out, especially being pregnant.

the waites said...

Hi!! so fun to see your blog, Im so jealous your in Hawaii. We lived there before Dental School for a couple years at Sunset Beach, right by Teds Bakery. I miss it so much, What a darling little family your little girl is minny you, I love it!