BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Being a good mom is hard...

My little Isabella is a princess. Unfortunetely I think she knows it... and at times her sassy princess comes out. It's quite scary, I see so much of me in her... Yesterday we had our first experience of Bella hurting Ricks. It was a really sad 30 minutes with Ricks screaming, Bella screaming and mom crying. Luckily dad was there to try to calm us all. So what happened was Ricks was in his vibrating seat and Bella walked over and was about to sit on him (she was in one of her moods) I kindly scolded her and told her to back up and do not sit on your brother, she didn't like that, it made her more mad. So I got a little more stern and I think it scared her and she stumbled over the chair with her feet and landed right on Ricks's foot and I could of swore she broke it with all her weight and the way it bent it. I lost all control then, yelling at Isabella and so worried about Ricks, of course Bella started screaming, Ricks was screaming (and ps he doesn't even cry, so him screaming, I knew he was hurt) He didn't stop crying for about 30 minutes. I really thought his foot was broken. Lance was bending it all different directions to see if he noticed anything abnormal, everything seemed to be ok. Lance suggested we give him a blessing. It was honestly a few minutes after the blessing that Ricks finally calmed down. I am so thankful for the priesthood. I know that Ricks was able to calm down and feel comforted because of our Heavenly Father and because of the worthiness of Lance. All in all everything ended up just fine. Because of Ricks's screaming for so long he ended up sleeping for five and a half hours after that. It was quite nice. Maybe next time I could handle the situation a little differently. It's hard to know how to be a good mom.

8 comments:

jenna said...

you are such a good mommy kara, don't worry.

Kensie said...

oh geez, I do not know what I would have done, that is so scary. I remember when I was little and baby sitting Jackson (my little bro) and he feel out of his rocker onto the cold, hard, tile floor.I about died.

McGiven Family.... said...

I know exactly how you feel! You are a great mom :) We are always sick at our house. It is usually our kids but I got the flu so bad and cannot shake it. It doesn't help that life still goes on around me and I just have to deal with it and still be a mom. Ahhh! Your kids are so dang cute!

{jane} said...

Kara, Moments like that will keep coming and going. You are an incredible MOM! I'm glad everyone is OK, lots of love!

Jessica Brown said...

Oh Kara I totally have had those same feelings. Olivia has gotten into scratching lately and I feel like I have been way to intense about it. And when I scold her it makes her cry! I hate it, then I just feel terrible. Your not a bad mom!

Erin said...

whatever. you are such a great mom! I watch you and bella all the time and it shows how much you love them! I think sometimes parents just lose patience! I probably would have done the same thing!

Jenn Granum said...

That's SO hard! Chase never got in trouble until I had Caden and Caden never got in trouble until I had Crew. It's just the way it goes - natural Mom instinct to protect the baby. You're a GREAT mommy.

BriAnne said...

How scary! It really sounds like you handled it a lot better than I would have! That is a really neat experience though, I love those moments when you are reminded of the power of the priesthood. Such a blessing!