BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 7, 2008

The infamous cupcake

So I would say that I am a very overly conservative mom... I think many would agree. I try to keep Bella clean. I try to keep her healthy. I like to monitor her sugar intake... Some would even think I am extreme in those areas. The other day we went to a little birthday party for some kids. They were handing out cupcakes and usually in those circumstances I will get a cupcake eat about 90 percent of it and then let Bella have a taste. That way I limit her sugar intake and also she is still clean in the end. So, I was very brave this time and decided to let Bella enjoy the cupcake. I just handed it to her. I think she was a little confused, but didn't hesitate to dig in. It was fun to watch her love every bit of it. I do have to admit though after she had devoured most of it I took it away from her. I couldn't stand to see her get any messier...

7 comments:

{jane} said...

Kara, I am the same! Sela is 17 months and I rarely let her feed herself. The mess just kills me. And, I hate her or her clothes being dirty. The weird thing is, I know with my first two girls I was way more relaxed. I have gotten more uptight with age/experience - isn't that backwards?!?

Shannon said...

I would be the same with that RED Cupcake! I bet it stained her little Lippies!! haha
How fun to have a Birthday Party OUTSIDE!! I am dying for the warmer weather!
When are you guys Moving here? We go to Hawaii for Spring Break on April 10th! WOO HOO

Our EyreLife said...

So cute!!!
Hey, if I paid you for them AND shipping, would you be willing to send me some Li Him Moi Mangos? (I'm sure I totally butchered the spelling...) I can't remember if Food Land had them---and if they don't, never mind. I wouldn't want you to go out of your way...but if its easy...
Jessie

Erin said...

kids deserve cupcakes every onces in a while~! i love it. she has a red mustache.

Erin said...

Hi Kara & Lance!!! It's Erin Herring(Isaac's wife)...from your 1st summer in RIchmond with APX. Your babies are so stinkin cute! I cannot belive that you have 2 already!!! Morgan Mae will be 5 this July & our little boy, Noah, will be 1 in May! TIme goes by so fast. Found your blog page on Cami's page. BY the way, you look beautiful! How's being a momma treatin you?? Love the messy cupcake pictures! I only hate that it stains their cute bathing suits! Let me know how you are!!!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

Hey Erin, do you have a blog? If so, what is the address? We are so good. I do love being a mom so much. It's crazy that I have two though... and not to mention, two babies. It gets quite hectic at times, but nothing is more rewarding than hearing my baby girl tell me "La lo" (love you) Congrats on your baby boy. That's crazy that Morgan is almost 5. Time flies!!!

stef j. said...

So hilarious - I'm the same! I just now started trying to let Addi feed herself, and we're talking bananas and frosted mini wheats here, so even if there is a mess, it's not really a mess. I'm so nuts about it that sometimes it even drives me nuts. I have separate clothes that I think, "Yah, I'm ok with these being dirty." And if she's not wearing those clothes ... yah, not so fun for her.